Tuesday, August 24, 2010

UV gel nails? Need advice im Los Angeles County in California?

I heard UV nails/Gel nails (i think they are the same) are WAY better then the acrilic. I been searching for Nail Salons where to get done UV Nails/Gel nails or Solar nails and I can't seem to find any in Los angeles...





What is the difference between Acrilic, UV Nails,gel nails and Solar Nails???


Which would be better and why?


I was wondering because everytime I get my acrilic nails it really messes up my real nail and when I take them off they always seem to really really hurt since my nail is so weak. I know ppl say dont get them but I really just like how they look...Love the frensh tip.UV gel nails? Need advice im Los Angeles County in California?
Gel nails, that is the real gel, is a polymer product that ';cures';, hardens in a UV light. They are related to the bonding material used in dentistry.


The advantage over acrylic nails is that they are clear, flexible and do not use a primer. That advantage is lost when the


manicurist over preps the nails, that is uses an electric filer or even hand files or uses a file that is unnecessarily coarse and removes too many layers (unnecessarily) of your natural nail before applying the nails or during a fill.


Solar is a brand, also know as CN, ';creative nail'; and they make a very good quality acrylic. Their gel is called Brisa.





If your nails are naturally thin though, you may always need to add tips to keep the gel adhering to the edges. Gels tend to peel away from the tips of thin nails.





Look for someone who files by hand when they file on the natural nail for either your gels or acrylic. There are still a few around.


When you have thin nails is it so much easier with coatings, saves all that time messing with chipped polish and broken edges, but they need to be careful to not file anymore than is needed, doing this may reduce adhesion a bit, but is healthier and will leave a foundation to work with. It may cost a bit more (takes more time) but would probably give you the best results and would avoid having product soak into the porous layers of your nail and into the nail bed.


I have seen some wrap products called ';gel';, they are a thick glue and not the same a polymer products.UV gel nails? Need advice im Los Angeles County in California?
Ow yuck! I had them once and they were highly annoying and when they finally decided to come off half of my nail come off with it. There was also an indentation where the gel was. I've also heard it's very bad for you to breath that dust in and they usually use the same filing tools for everyone ewww would not ever have it done again and would not recomend them to anyone

1 comment:

Clark said...

Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision. You have posted a trust worthy blog keep sharing.


LCN Gel



Post a Comment