Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Im 15 and i bite my nails! i wanna stop but i cant! please give me some suggestions on how to stop!!!!?

Haha you and me both! I've been trying to stop... My solution, always chew gum! But make sure it's sugar free! You don't need any cavities!





Ummm Also, try this site... I'm still working on mine!!





http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Biting-Your-鈥?/a>





Good luck to the both of us! =)Im 15 and i bite my nails! i wanna stop but i cant! please give me some suggestions on how to stop!!!!?
I'm 26 and still a chronic nail biter. A few things that I found to help at various points in my life were:





- acrylic nails (can't bite em when they're covered up)


- keeping a coat of nail polish on at all times ( less likely to bite em when they look nice)


- reward yourself with a manicure once you grow them long enough, usually after a couple weeks of keeping the nail polish on


- keep your hands in your pockets when you're just standing around





Like I said I still do it, but I can go for lengths of time without by doing some of the things mentioned above.Im 15 and i bite my nails! i wanna stop but i cant! please give me some suggestions on how to stop!!!!?
I have been biting my nails my whole life and i'm 22. I just started to get my nails done (acrylics) because they are too hard to bite. After getting them done a few months in a row, i took them off and didnt bite my nails anymore since i was out of habit. I just hate the feel of long nails so i started biting them again because i wanted to, not out of habit.
ive been compulsively biting my nails ever since i was little. usually id do it when i was bored or stressed. once i solved these problems, the biting was gone. i would also paint your nails with that gross tasting nail polish, or if you need a quicker solution, regular polish (this works for the first few days after painting them, i liked the way my nails looked when they didnt have any chips in them, and i didnt want to mess them up by biting them).
lol,


hehehe,


i had the same prob. but i only bit them because i dont like em long but as of one week today i havent bit them. i have decided to grow them out. what i would suggest is that you either paint them or everyday in the morning dunk em in nail polish remover and through out the day. that way when u go to bit them it tastes HORRIBLE!!!! haa,


or you could try this base coat that stays bitter and nasty all the time so you dont bit them, its call orly no bite deterrent, i put the link down below. i would higly reccomend it!
um maybe u could wear a glove. hahaha!! :) ok um maybe u could try maybe dipping ur hand in something that u know tastes really BAD. something that u would not eat or even drink. i used to have the same problem so i went to the doctor and they gave me this stuff that u put on ur nails that tasted really bad. i never stuck my fingers in my mouth again!!
1) Get all your teeth pulled out


2) Get your fingernails removed.


3) Uhm. Buy candy. So that way you'll always have something in your mouth.


=]
dip your fingers in human waste that would keep my fingers from my mouth. i have also heard of a clean nail polish type of thing that tastes horrible. id say the second one would be a better bet
Get fake nails put on. Keep getting them redone and you will eventually just not feel the urge to bite them anymore. You will get out of the habit. Acrylic nails you can not bite. Good luck!
get your nails done. it breaks the habit because you cant bite them off.
you can get a nail varnish that tastes horrible so it makes u stop
Try chewing on something else, like gum or sunflower seeds. That helped me!
wear gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment