Thursday, August 5, 2010

IM 17..basically bitten nails my whole life. committed to stopping..will they still grow/ any tips to stop?

Yeah, definitely need to stop that habit. I hate being around people who do that. Yes they'll still grow. A couple tips to helping you stop: 1. keep them short. Clip them several times a week so they're always short and then there's nothing to bite. 2. Put something on them that tastes bad like Tabasco sauce so you get an instant reminder every time you try biting them.IM 17..basically bitten nails my whole life. committed to stopping..will they still grow/ any tips to stop?
I'm fourteen and I've bitten my nails down as well. Yes, they will grow back but I suppose it's gradual. I've tried wrapping tape around them and that seems to work. Good luck!IM 17..basically bitten nails my whole life. committed to stopping..will they still grow/ any tips to stop?
Use Bite it! It is a polish that you put on your nails to stop nail biting, when you bite your nails it will have a nasty taste to it and it will keep you from biting your nails! My best friend used it and it really helped her! She stopped biting her nails and is glad she bought it!


P.s. It helps with nail growth!
I bit my nails chronically until the age of about 14. (like since I was 2 or 3!) then stopped. My nails now (and I am 30) are deformed, like the pink bit of the nail is tiny, from being nibbled away when I was young, and the white bit breaks.





They will grown but your nail be will be permanently deformed.
You nails will grow no matter what. Though I think they did research some time ago and it stated that nail-biting is bad for your teeth(over time)
Sorry...I'm 38 and still bite my nails. I've tried NYE resolutions and fingernail polish but it doesn't help. When I'm nervous or hungry, the fingers automatically make their way to my mouth.





Don't worry...they will continue growing even after you're dead...creepy but true.
I used to bite my nails all the time too. But then my mom told me to start keeping them painted so that I would stop biting them. Who wants finger nail polish in their mouth right? Mine grew pretty long too! They look like the french tips.
Your nails will keep growing if you stop biting them. Different things work for different people, depending on what motivates or discourages them. My cousin used to bite her nails all the time, too. She finally was able to quit when she started scraping her nails across a bar of soap. The soap would get under her nails and taste bad when she started biting them. You may have to try different things until you come up with what works for you. Good luck.
I did the same thing and really bad too lol....I made up my mind I was tired of hiding my hands. I went to a nail salon and at that time had silk wraps put on my nails. They started to grow and looked so good that I just decided no more biting....I did that for about two months and I was cured. One of my friends did the same thing with the same results. Good Luck....
i used to bit my nails but now mine or long u can buy stuff that looks like nail polish at a drug store but it taste gross and it helps u stop bitting them
The only thing that has helped me for a bit is to apply false nails that are pretty much indestructible by human teeth..after a few weeks my real nail will have grown out and I find that I have less difficulty with not biting them. That is until I get into a situation where I am sitting still for long periods of time. btw-you don't need the false nails to be long the sport nails are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment