Saturday, August 21, 2010

Im trying to quit biting my nails...any ideas?

I have been biting for nails for a long long time. Im sick of doing it and I want to stop, but Im having a hard time. I have tried a lot of things. Whats a good way to stop?I want them to grow nice and have them pretty for summer. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks for your help!Im trying to quit biting my nails...any ideas?
There is a product in most stores to help you stop biting, I think its called bite no more or something like that. It taste awful and doesn't wash off easily, it does work, it helped my son stop sucking his thumb. Good luck! Click there to view the product Walgreen's offers.Im trying to quit biting my nails...any ideas?
I had the same problem for many years. I was able to grow nails by growing them one at a time, not beating myself up when I backslid and bite a nail, and by using some manicure tools whenever the biting urge would hit me. It also helps to learn not to be so nervous about things in life. Don't try to control. Don't try to over think things. Go with the flow and don't be upset when things don't go your way.
Make up your mind that that's what you want to do. Always keep a nail clipper and file within easy reach and use those as needed or when the urge strikes. The more you take care, the more investment you'll have in those nails, and the less likely you are to chew them up.
put nail polish on it so it'll taste bad wenever u bite them.


or...


just think of Chuck Norris everytime you wanna do it.
band aids tape etc
lol not all nail polish tastes bad, so I don't believe putting nail polish on your nails would work. I suggest dipping the tips of your fingers in non-acetone nail polish remover every morning. it's quick and easy, and it definitely has a terrible taste to stop your from biting your nails. Try it! I promise it works!
their is a clear nail polish that is ment for that. wenever u start to bite ur nails u will bite ur nail then stop cause it has a disgusting flavor. u can get it at any nail salon
it's hard but yu could do it. start with whenevre yu notice yu r doing that just stop at the moment. think about someone who has beautiful nails. it worked for me. you will mostly notice youself biting nails when you will be nervous for that you have to bring confident t yourself. that really worked for one of my frriends. if you try doing these things daily you will soon for sure stop biting your nails.


I PROMISE!!
Put some nail polish on...it worked for me. if you put nail polish on, it will taste really bad.





Hope this helped!
distract yourself. Keep your hands busy or mouth busy by chewing gum so that you don't want to chew on something else.





Also, stop looking at your hands. Keep them tucked away, like your in pockets or under your thighs when you're sitting. The less you think about them, the less the feeling to bite them will be there
if you dont like vinegar, put vinegar on them
cut you nails really short so wont be able to bite them and youll evetually forget about it!
TAPE!
I struggled for years, now I only catch myself biting a catch, so I also carry a file with me.





I tried painting them, but ended up pealing off the paint, nasty looking. So I picked up some expensive nail growth formula and stuck to a 10 day regimine, made it priority. They got healthy and I relapsed over time. So next I just said forget it, I want my nails long and healthy, but not happening. So I spent about 5 months wearing fake ones, just short sport do it yourself packets. Thinking this would get me used to having the length and stop breaking them. So I started biting them off. But I carried some glue with me, watch out for if it leaks use a plastic baggie. Eventually, about 2 weeks, I quit, but I definately don't leave home without my Orbits-the best sugar free bubble gum!





Now I keep breaking them, but carry a nail file with me, and in my car, and at my desk. If I get a snag I cannot stand it, if I don't file I bite. But if I keep them up I am good!





Also, try to see what triggers the biting. Then you can think of more effective ways of dealing with that particular stress, ie being shy or nervous or bored.
I quit by painting them with coloured nail varnish, and alothough they were short and didn't look too nice, i hated biting them with it on because it looks even worse chipped!!





Good luck! x x

No comments:

Post a Comment