Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have been biting my nails for years and im really fed up with it as they are very bad but cant seem to stop?

can anyone helpI have been biting my nails for years and im really fed up with it as they are very bad but cant seem to stop?
not sure if you are a female but if you are try having acrylic nails applied, they will give you instant length andif done properly will look fab, this will stop you from being able to bite them too.I have been biting my nails for years and im really fed up with it as they are very bad but cant seem to stop?
if you want to stop you can go to a pharmacy store, like cvs and buy one of those nailpolish for nailbiters. my sister used it and whenever she went to bite she tasted a bitter taste..and now she doesnt bite anymore ;-)





goodluck!
im the same lol
I have found the best cure is to apply acrylic artificial nails. I do my own for a fraction of the cost at a beautician. The nails are so hard you cant bite them, tear them or chew them even if you want to. It particularily worked well for me on my toe nails as I was always picking at them until they bled. Terrible habit but I could only stop after I put the nails on the top. The added bonus is you get great looking nails as well! I hope this helps you - I reckon its worth a try
I have this problem as well but I am trying a lot of methods to stop and it's working. At some drug stores, you can find a bitter substance that you put on your fingernails that tastes horrible, so you won't try and bite them. Also, tie string around your finger so that every time you look at your hands, you'll see that string and remember not to bite your nails.
Depending on your personality and gender there are plenty of ways to stop. For instance, get your nails done with acrylic, you will end up being more focused on them looking good so you wont want to bite them. Or you could pick up another habit, not neccessarily a bad one, but one that you can do when you feel the urge to bite your nails. I told my friend to carry a paper clip or a rubberband with her everywhere she goes. So every time she has the urge to chew her nails, instead she will fondle with the paper clip.
isn't the reason your nails look so bad enough for you to stop! just say to yourself: Enough!
Here's what helped me:


Get them painted in a nice polish. You'll resist biting. And if you do, you'll have flakes on ur lips


Dip ur fingers in something yucky tasting. I took a cotton ball, rubbed them with nail polish remover. Other good ones are chilli peppers, garlic (yucky smelling).


Cut them short. So you want to bite but no nails to bite.


Good luck! =)
JUST THINK BEFORE PUTTING YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR MOUTH ~~~WHAT DID I TOUCH LAST ~~~ IT MIGHT WORK.


good luck ........x
  • stella mccartney
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment